Friday, July 28, 2006

My New Friend

WOW! Have all you other huskies been experiencing the hot weather we have been? This weekend is going to be terrible here in WI all throughout the weekend! And it doesn't look like there is any end to it until later next week. Looks like everyone will have to spend time in the pool!

I am updating you all on my leg that has been hurting. I went to the vet on Tuesday morning and had to spend the WHOLE day there. You all know I absolutely hate the vets office. My dad turned around to leave and I didn't want him too...tried to stay glued to his leg but some girl started to take me away.

They put me in a kennel where I felt much better. Later, they wanted me to come out of the kennel but I was NOT going to...NO WAY! Later this nice guy came over to me and I was really scared but he got me out. He started talking to someone else and then I decided that I had better stayed glued to HIS leg. Guess he was the next best thing to my dad. Yup... my new friend in the 'white coat'!

He put me up on the table and started moving my leg around. Ouch!!! Be easy my new friend! He pretty much did that...checked a couple other things and let me back down. That wasn't so bad. Then a nice girl came over and put a pretty bandana on me and put me back in the safe kennel.

Later...my mom and dad came back to the vet to get me. They met with my friend in 'the white coat' who told them that if was a torn ACL in my good leg. He also told them that I have been lucky my good leg lasted this long but we needed to have the surgery done soon as my bad leg was also getting sore now because I was using it for all my weight.

So, Monday night I have to go back to that place. They were nice so I guess it isn't so bad but I still get so scared! I can't have anything to eat after 6:00 pm. What???? No treats???? C'mon people...I NEED my treats!

My mom and dad keep saying they wonder if I will still like my new friend in 'the white coat' after Tuesday. Of course I will....I just don't like vets! :)

No comments: