Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bailey's Surgery - Day Five Post Op

I am happy to inform you that Bailey is doing SO much better. Since yesterday morning...she has stopped any signs of her crying and non-stop whimpering. I do believe she is out of the worst pain.

We had rain this morning when we went out for our morning potty break and she wanted right back in...tail wagging and all. This afternoon...she wanted to just stand, feel and smell the breeze that was blowing. It was so nice to see her actually acting happy again. She even had a little spring in her step. We have also been taking the Elizbethan collar off now when taking her out and she seems to be happy about that...until we come back in and it has to go on. She lays her head on the floor and protests as much as she can.



I got an email from a friend today asking if I was giving Bailey any Glucosamine/Chondroitin to help rebuild the weakened cartilage. I am going to stop and pick up a bottle tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else has also used this with good results? She had mentioned that her vet tried to sell her some that had higher doses but she found this to be working great! I do need to check with the vet first though as I would hate to cause any other issues with her. We also feed Science Diet Senior which also has this in it so I think I had better do a little more homework on line tonight and see if too much might be a bad thing.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has given this so please comment.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

this is what my niece typed for her.

I love bay!!!!! and tell her i love her and hope she is doing good


Luv,
Bailey's bestfriend Anna

Christa Caparelli said...

Can you share the type of ACL repair that Bailey had. Rosa my granddog is a siberian husky is a bouncy happy girl who has torn her ACL and we are "torn" as to what surgery would be best for her. Thank you.