Saturday, January 05, 2019

I am not sure why I cannot keep up with the blogging thing - but I can't.   Has it really been 7 years??

Our Aly Girl is now 8 years old.  She is the most precious dog.  We sometimes think she is our first husky, Bon, in another dogs body.  They are one and the same.  Below was the first picture of her the first night we brought her home...and that is where my last blog post ended.


And here is one of the photos that was taken just the other day.


It is amazing how their face masks change as they get older.

Last winter, we noticed she was putting on a HUGE amount of weight.  I had a guess it was her thyroid - and I was right.  She was up to 80 lbs at that time and is now down to a healthy 49 lbs.
It has made a world of difference in her activity level.  She plays like a puppy again - and we love seeing her this way.  I think her biggest duty in this life is to torment her little brother.  But first - we have to introduce everyone in order.

I also posted on my very last post that my niece had gotten a new husky pup.  She named her Mya.  She got her when her and her boyfriend were living together - then they broke up - then Mya came to live with us.  Here is one of the first pictures of her when Anna first got her.


and here she is all grown up today.


Mya lived with us for four years - until Anna got her own place two years ago.
It was very hard for us all, as we felt like she was one of our own.  We still get to see her, but not as much as we would like to.  We do know that she is a spoiled, pampered princess - so we feel happy about that.

After losing our last cat, Simba, I swore we would never have another cat.  But then along came our Izzy Kitty.  Here she is as a itty bitty little thing back in July of 2013.


and here she is - large and in charge - in 2018.


One thing I can say is, she never leaves my side.  She is my heart-kitty and I am so glad we chose to add her to our lives.

In October of 2016, while I was off for knee surgery, I saw a post on one of the local Buy Sell Trade sites.  It was for a husky that needed a home.  Here is a picture of the husky.


The lady was needing to find a new home for him as she had taken him in when the family who bought him no longer wanted him because he was playing too rough with their young child.  He also was escaping from her yard and she lived on a busy street that had four lanes.  We got to talking and then set up a meeting for her to bring him here to meet us and Aly.  He walked in like he owned the place and it was love at first sight with him and Aly.  A few days later, I drove to get him and Kalik became ours.  He has been a joy to our lives!  Hubby is happy to finally have another boy in the family again.  Here is a picture of him this past week.


THEN - 

A year ago in August, one week after my parents threw a big yearly bash, a cat showed up on their doorstep and never left.  They leave for the south every winter, so we weren't sure what we were going to do with the cat.  They said she had to find a home.  Neither of them were cat people, but they did feed her every day.  She as a mess and it looked like she was on her own for some time.

Here she is the day she arrived - sitting in this exact spot when they drove up the driveway.

She was a mess.  Poor thing.

November started to roll around and they still had not found a home for her.  She did eventually make it into their heated garage.  I finally told them I would take her.  Well, things did not go well the three months that she was here and I told my mom that she had to take her back when they got back.  My Izzy was being so mean to her.  She literally would not even let her use the litter box without tormenting her.  She was absolutely the best kitty and had the best manners - but my kitty became a mess. She literally started chasing and attacking her own tail.

Other then their fighting, this was the closest they got.

Anyhow - all ended well.  My parents took her back.  She rules the roost.  She sleeps on the bed with my mom each night.  She has all the toys she could want.  They love her dearly.  She will never have to find another home again.  But our Izzy is still messed up. :(


Right now - we only have 2 huskies and one kitty (besides the horses).
Some have come, and some have gone.  I do believe each of them are in the homes they belonged in all this time.

Stop by now and then.  I will try and update on bits and pieces of their lives - both past and present.  

Happy New Year!













No comments: