Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Curse of their Beauty

I work at a medical clinic and have pictures of my pets on my desk. I get so many comments on our huskies. Most of those comments are of how beautiful they are and how they want to get one. I alway try to throw in a comment about how energetic they are and how much time they require as they get easily bored. Today...I had one lady said she used to own one. She also went on to say how the guy who they got her from had given her coke. I immediately felt so ill for that dog. But then I got to thinking after she was explaining how hyper the dog was (well, yeah...huskies are high energy)that maybe she just didn't know the breed at all.

Crufts International Dog Show 2006


It sure makes me want to take my photos down. I just don't want to be the cause of someone going out and buying one because they saw a pretty husky picture on someones desk.

2 comments:

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Totally understand. I've been trying to do a better job of educating people too. I had someone ask me if Steve was available for breeding to her female. Uh, no.

Steve and Kat's mom.

Khady Lynn said...

I'm always sure to tell people that we Mal's and Sibes are a LOT of work, and definitely not for everyone. She is alway sure to point out all our faults (shedding, chewing, boredome, lots of energy, etc) and that we are a lot more than just beautiful dogs.

How is Bailey doing?

Holly